CLICK ON YOUR STATE TO LEARN MORE.
ABOUT THE ESTHETIC APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM:
If you enjoy helping people look and feel more beautiful, Black Girl Beauty School of Careers’ Aesthetics program is the right program for you. The skin care business is wide open, with unlimited opportunities! Becoming an aesthetician, or skin care specialist, provides you with opportunities to work in many different environments.
Our aesthetician students can choose to work at salons, spas, dermatology offices plus many other options. We train our students using the distance learning (theory) and on-the-job training (practical) where students are given the skills & knowledge needed to become skin and makeup professionals. They learn the most up-to-date techniques, skincare innovations and technologies. We even provide you with the business skills you’ll need to begin a fabulous career.
This program is available at our apprenticeship school. From skin analysis, ingredient technology and prescriptive retailing to waxing and makeup techniques, our extensive program offers students an all-inclusive preparation program for a career as a skincare therapist.
You can be the go-to skin care and maintenance expert for a beautiful and healthy appearance! We’ll show you how…
REVIVE YOUR PASSION TO HELP OTHERS THROUGH A CAREER AS A PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED AESTHETICIAN. BLACK GIRL BEAUTY SCHOOL OF CAREERS WILL EDUCATE YOU ON THE LATEST TRENDS IN AESTHETICS AND SKIN CARE WHERE YOU CAN WORK VIRTUALLY ANYWHERE INCLUDING:
- Spa, salon
- Department Stores
- Cruise ship – while you travel the world.
- In a dermatologist’s or reconstructive surgeon’s offices
- Your Own Business
Go Get What Belongs To You!
Start A New Career Today! YOU control the Salary…
- Career Opportunities and History of Esthetics
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Physiology and Histology of the Skin
- Disorders and Diseases of the Skin
- Skin Analysis
- Skin Care Products: Chemistry, Ingredients, and Selection
- The Treatment Room
- Facial Treatments
- Facial Massage
- Facial Devices and Technology
- Hair Removal
- Makeup Essentials
- Advanced Topics and Treatments
- Life Skills
- Professional Image
- Communicating for Success
- The Healthy Professional
- Infection Control
- Chemistry and Chemical Safety
- Electricity and Electrical Safety
- Career Planning
- On the Job
- The Beauty Business
- Artificial Nail Application
- Nail Art
- Nail Repair
- Anatomy & Physiology of the Hand
- 1. Changes In Esthetics
- 2. Infection Control
- 3. Advanced Histology of the Cell and the Skin
- 4. Hormones
- 5. Anatomy and Physiology: Muscles and Nerves
- 6. Anatomy and Physiology: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
- 7. Chemistry and Biochemistry
- 8. Laser, Light Energy, and Radio Frequency Technology
- 9. Wellness Management
- 10. Advanced Skin Disorders: Skin in Distress
- 11. Skin Typing and Aging Analysis
- 12. Skin Care Products: Chemistry, Ingredients and Selection
- 13. Botanicals and Aromatherapy
- 14. Ingredients and Products for Skin Issues
- 15. Pharmacology for Estheticians
*The objective of this program is to educate you to a degree of competence that will enable you to systematically and professionally perform the required skills of an Aesthetician.
AESTHETIC/ESTHETIC PROGRAM LOCATION AND LEARNING PATHWAYS
FAQS – ESTHETICIAN
What qualities does an aesthetician need?
A professional esthetician should be able to work well with their hands, and be kind and have an approachable manner. Aestheticians must be comfortable working with clients one-on-one. They should have the ability to make the customer feel relaxed.
Aestheticians should be knowledgeable about their clients skin care needs, as well as which products would work well with their skin types. A professional esthetician should also be educated and informed on product interactions and the latest products and techniques for all skin types.
Can I get financial aid to attend Esthetics school?
Black Girl Beauty School of Careers currently do not offer financial aid. However, we do have 3rd party loan agencies that offer student loans and no-interest payment plans.
What are the job titles licensed estheticians can hold?These are just a few examples of jobs an esthetician can hold:
- Esthetician/Skin Care Specialist
- Medical/Paramedical Esthetician
- Clinical Esthetician
- Master Esthetician
- Medical Spa Manager
- Wax/Hair Removal Specialist
Post Secondary Options and Continuing Education:
*Post-secondary manager certification
*Post-secondary teachers certification
*Specialized study and certification as a Nail Technician, Massage Therapist, Theatrical Make-up Artist, and specific coiffures
Requirements for enrolling in Black Girl Beauty School of Careers:
- Students must be at least 16 years of age.
- Students must have a high school diploma/GED/High School Transcript with completion of the 10th Grade.
- Students must provide a copy of Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Driver’s License.
- Student’s Must Complete Interest Form
- Enrollment Fee of $150.00 Due at time of enrollment.
- Student’s Must Complete Application
- Student’s Must Pay Deposit
- 2 In-take Interviews
- Tuition Loans and/or Payment Plans Are Available Through Our 3rd Party Loan Agencies After Initial Deposit Is Submitted
**All incoming students must attend an orientation which will be held on the 1st day of class. During orientation the student will learn about responsibilities and standards, the format of the program, the progression of the program, and how performance will be measured.