1. INFORMATION WE COLLECTED here are several ways we may obtain information about you, including through: (A) information you provide to us directly; (B) information that we automatically collect; and (C) information we receive from third parties. This includes data that identifies you personally whether directly (i.e., your name) or indirectly (i.e., information about your online use).
A. Information You Provide Black Girl Beauty collects information that you voluntarily provide us, such as when you submit a form requesting information about programs, provide information to us through the Services, or otherwise contact us. The information we collect may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone or mobile number, date of birth, gender, prior educational background information (i.e., GPA range, name(s) of prior institution(s) attended, or prior degree(s) earned), and the content of any communications that we exchange.
You may also provide us with certain information in connection with specific transactions. If you make a purchase from our Services, we collect a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information (such as via PayPal or Apple Pay), depending on the form of payment you choose.
B. Information Automatically Collected Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, we, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, local shared objects (Flash cookies), HTML5 cookies, to automatically or passively collect certain information about your online activity.
We automatically collect the following information about you:
- Computer or Device Information. We may automatically collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Services. Some of this information may include your browser type, device type, operating system, software version, phone model, phone operating system, and the domain name you use to access the Services.
- Usage Information. We may collect information about your use of the Services, including the date and time you visit the Services, the areas or pages of the Services that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Services, and other sites that you may visit.
- Location Information. We collect general information about the location of traffic and purchases on our site. This is used at an aggregate level (that does not identify individual users) to create reports to better understand our engagement with users.
- Our Third Party Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to support our Services. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
To learn more about your advertising choices relating to the collection and use of your information, please see the Your Choices and Opt-Outs” section below
C. Information Collected From Other SourcesWe may collect information from other trusted third-party sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically. This includes, for example, information from public databases or data aggregators (which may include your demographic information, media consumption, lifestyle preferences, or information to validate or update the information we collect from or about you). We may also acquire information from our partners and service providers (including, for example, business partners, analytics vendors, advertising networks and search information providers). We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, personalize your experience with the Services, target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services or other offers that may be of interest to you, to measure ad quality and responses, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
D. Combination of InformationWe may combine the information we receive from and about you, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
2. INFORMATION USEA. Use by or for Black Girl Beauty School of Careers may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries, fulfill orders, and contact and communicate with you when necessary;
- To enhance your online experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Services;
- To review the usage and operations of our Services, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services;
- To provide you with customized Service content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Service, via email, text message or push notification, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services;
- To direct communications and targeted offers to people whose interests or characteristics are similar to yours;
- To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from Black Girl Beauty School of Careers or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- To address problems with the Services or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business;
- To use and disclose your credit/debit card information only to process payments and prevent fraud; and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
Additionally, if you use the Services to connect with third-party services you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests.
A. Sharing of Information by YouThe Services offers many ways to find, enjoy, and share content. Your activity in connection with the Services may include filling out surveys, participation in online communities, or otherwise interacting with the Services. Any information you may disclose on our Services or App, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on the Services or App or other third-party websites, applications, or services that this Services or App may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
B. Sharing of Information by UsWe may share your personal information with the following:
- Affiliates: We may share your information with Black Girl Beauty School of Careers affiliates and subsidiaries for business, operational, promotional and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and the Services, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Co-Branded Relationships: Certain areas of our Services may be provided to you in association with third parties, such as advertisers that provide products and services or rewards programs. We may share information with these third parties if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion, contest, survey, voting feature, or service.
- Select Third Parties: We may share your information with our select partners, affiliates, and other third parties that we believe may have offers of interest to you. These entities’ use of such information is subject to their respective privacy policies.
- Marketing Partners and Other Third Parties: We may share your [name, address, telephone number, data about your purchases, and other similar information] with other companies or organizations
- outside of Black Girl Beauty (such as our sponsors, partners, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers and analytics companies or other third parties in connection with marketing, promotional, and other offers, as well as product information). Your information may also be shared with third parties we identify at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent. You have the option to opt in to receive direct marketing from these selected third parties. These entities’ use of such information is subject to their respective privacy policies.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
- B. Interest-Based Advertising ChoicesTo understand your choices for receiving more relevant advertising provided on the Services or across other websites and online services, please review the information below:
- To learn more about such interest-based advertising, and to opt out of such collection and use for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info.
- To opt out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
- To opt-out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
- Even if you opt out, you still may receive advertising from us that is not customized based on your Services or usage information, or advertising from other third parties if they are not a DAA or NAI participating company.
- C. Unsubscribing from our Marketing CommunicationsWe provide our customers with the opportunity to update their information or opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to enrollment and educational services. To opt-out of marketing communications, you may:
- Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Contact us by mail at the address below in the “Contact Us” section, or
- Unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by [following the instructions contained within the email].
- If you receive marketing communications from one or more Black Girl Beauty School of Careers affiliates, you must opt-out individually from each of the affiliates from which you are receiving brand-specific marketing communications.
- We will unsubscribe you from any communications you request as soon as reasonably practicable. We are not responsible for informing third parties (including our third party service providers or partners) with whom we have already shared your personal information of any requests you make, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities
- 5. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request please contact us at office of email@example.com You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- Non-affiliated third parties are independent from Black Girl Beauty School of Careers and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
- 7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen. If Black Girl Beauty learns that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to the Services, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
- 8. DATA SECURITYWe have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Service users. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
- 9. DATA STORAGE Your personal information may be stored on servers in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of other countries. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.