This is a licensed program. Currently in the state of Tennessee. If your state does not require licensing, please visit the “Hair Braiding” Program. If your state does require licensing for natural hair & braiding, please click the link below or contact our office for additional information. CLICK ON YOUR STATE TO LEARN MORE.
ABOUT THE NATURAL HAIR STYLIST PROGRAM:
Go Get What Belongs To You!
Start A New Career Today! YOU control the Salary…
Black Girl Beauty School of Careers welcomes students who are strong, self-motivated and fast paced learners who desire to learn, grow, beautify and help others. The beauty business is a recession free industry that’s wide open, with unlimited opportunities!
A Natural Hair Stylist is a person who uses techniques which result in tension on hair strands such as twisting, wrapping, weaving, extending, locking or braiding of the hair by hand or mechanical appliances, which work does not include the application of dyes, reactive chemicals or other preparations to alter the color or straighten, curl or alter the structure of the hair.
At Black Girl Beauty School of Careers we strive to support students through every phase of their education, graduation, and career placement. This course is offered at the apprenticeship school. Our apprenticeship on-the-job training is an amazing opportunity to learn from some of the best professionals that’s been in the industry for over 10 years. Our Natural Hair Stylist program specializes in “Black Hair Care”. You’re walking into an industry that helps people look and feel great while building an exclusive clientele business within your own communities.
If you enjoy helping people look and feel more beautiful, Black Girl Beauty School of Careers’ Natural Hair Stylist Program is the right program for you. We’ll show you how…
NATURAL HAIR STYLING
1. The History of Natural Hair
2. Career options for natural hair
3. Infection Control Principles & Practices
4. The Basic Principles for Professional & Personal Success
5. The Professional Consultation
6. Client Management
7. Hair Types & Structures
8. Hair and Scalp Diseases & Disorders
9. Shampoos, Conditioners, Herbal Treatments, & Rinses
10. Managing Textured Hair
11. Business Management
12. Hair Styling
13. Basic Braiding
14. Advanced Hair Braiding
15. BGB Hair Braiding Techniques
THERE ARE 9 DIFFERENT HAIR BRAIDING MODULES in the LEARN HOW TO BRAID COURSE!
- MODULE #1 – Box Braids & Cornrows
MODULE #2 – Extensions & Design Braids
MODULE #3 – No-Knots & Feed-ins
MODULE #4 – 2 Strands & Senegales Twists
MODULE #5 – Crochet Braids & Sew-ins
MODULE #6 – Beginner Dreads & Lock Grooming
MODULE #7 Stitch Braids & Boho Braids
MODULE #8 – Goddess Braids & Butterfly Locks
MODULE #9 – Faux Locs & Micro-Links
- Marketing Skills/Communication Skills
- Client Consultation/Salon Management
- Professional Image/Salon Image
- Career Assistance
*The objective of this program is to educate you to a degree of competence that will enable you to systematically and professionally perform the required skills of a Natural Hair Stylist.
18 DIFFERENT BRAID TECHNIQUES INCLUDED IN THE NATURAL HAIR STYLIST PROGRAM
MANICURING PROGRAM LOCATION AND LEARNING PATHWAYS
- NOT OFFERED
- Georgia (NOT OFFERED)
- Tennessee (300 HOURS)
- $4140 TUITION
- $500 DEPOSIT
- $100 PER WEEK PAYMENT
- $1000 SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE
STUDENT TUITION CONTRIBUTION: $3140
FAQ'S - NATURAL HAIR STYLIST
Can I get financial aid to attend N school?
Black Girl Beauty School of Careers currently do not offer financial aid. However, we do have 3rd party loan agencies that offer student loans and no-interest payment plans.
Some licensed professionals choose to pursue careers in the beauty industry as beauty magazine editors or consultants, while others become sales or marketing specialists in the cosmetics industry. Still others go on to teach at a beauty school and pass on their knowledge and skills to the next generation. The choices really are endless and new opportunities for professional natural hair stylist in many different career sectors.
- Become a Natural Hair Stylist
- Become A Hair Braider
- Open A Natural Hair & Braid Shop
Requirements for enrolling in Black Girl Beauty School of Careers:
- Students must be at least 16 years of age.
- Students must have a high school diploma/GED/High School Transcript with completion of the 10th Grade.
- Students must provide a copy of Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Driver’s License.
- Student’s Must Complete Interest Form
- Enrollment Fee of $150.00 Due at time of enrollment.
- Student’s Must Complete Application
- Student’s Must Pay Deposit
- 2 In-take Interviews
- Tuition Loans and/or Payment Plans Are Available Through Our 3rd Party Loan Agencies After Initial Deposit Is Submitted
**All incoming students must attend an orientation which will be held on the 1st day of class. During orientation the student will learn about responsibilities and standards, the format of the program, the progression of the program, and how performance will be measured.